Upside Down Pizza
12 Dutch Oven
45 minutes cooking time
28 (9/19) briquettes (400)
- Serves 4-6
- Ground Beef or Italian Bulk Sausage (extra lean recommended) 1 lb.
- Onion, chopped 1 medium
- Chopped Olives (optional) 1 small can
- Sliced Mushrooms (optional) 1 small can
- Pizza Sauce 1 jar (14 oz.)
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese 2 cups (8 oz.)
- Milk 1 cup
- Eggs 2
- Canola Oil 1 teaspoon
- Flour 1 cup
- Salt 1/2 teaspoon
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef (or sausage) and onion over medium heat on the stove-top until no longer pink, drain off fat.
- Add olives, mushrooms, and pizza sauce to the beef. Cover and simmer until heated through.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the milk, eggs, oil, flour, and salt. Whip until smooth.
- Sprinkle beef mixture with cheese. Pour flour batter over cheese evenly.
- Cover and bake in Dutch Oven at 400 for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.